The immune system is a key player in the maintenance of body health with an ever changing antibody repertoire that reflects an individual’s current response as well as past exposure to injury and disease.
We developed the iCHIP® platform, a series of custom designed single-use disposable printed microarrays of antigens, each designed to simultaneously analyze hundreds of circulating antibodies from a few microliters of blood. This enables detection and interpretation of a global pattern of antibody expression; a highly specific snapshot of the patient’s immune status at the time of testing.
- Antigens selected from relevant biochemical pathways include a broad range of molecular types including complex polynucleotides, proprietary oligonucleotides, proteins, peptides, carbohydrates, etc.
- Products based on combination of printed iCHIP® + proprietary informatics analysis; enables development of a single test based on a multivariate/multianalyte classifier
- Products are characterized by high sensitivity and specificity
- Testing requires only a few microliters of blood serum or plasma (liquid biopsy). Antibodies present in the tested specimen bind to the antigens recognized by them and are detected and quantified using a fluorescently-labeled secondary, subtype-specific antibody.
- Minimal sample preparation required; following standard blood draw – just drop into overnight mail envelope for shipment at ambient temperature
- iCHIP® amenable to mass production and automated high-volume testing
- Library of fluorescent secondary antibodies (anti-IgG, IgM, IgA, IgE) enable monitoring of isotype switching
- iCHIP®s printed using Scienion sciFLEXARRAYER S11 automated non-contact arrayer. Prints ultra-low volumes (< 1nl) of antigen
Platform developed under a worldwide exclusive license from the Weizmann Institute of Science
- Custom products designed to diagnose and monitor specific diseases
- First product in autoimmune disease, SLE-key rule out test
- Other applications:
- Disease activity monitoring for autoimmune diseases (first in pipeline; for lupus patients) and for brain injury recovery
- Lupus related disease diagnosis eg. RA, scleroderma, sjogrens and other autoimmune diseases including Crohn’s, Multiple Sclerosis and Oncology etc.